Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Truth

Tomorrow night at Thrive I am speaking on... "What is Truth?"

We tend to think that Truth is subjective. That there is no absolute truth in the world anymore. But that is not true. There is an absolute standard for Truth and his name is Jesus Christ! So I will be talking more about that Wed night so don't miss it!

So in that same vein of thought here are some things that I have found to be true.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. 

There is great need for a sarcasm font. 

How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? 

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to. 

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste. 

I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. 

I think the freezer deserves a light as well. 

I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in. (I do this every time) 

The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text. (disclaimer...DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE :) ) 

I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters! 

Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever. 

They have the technology to automatically send you a ticket if you run a red light. Yet they can't figure out how to make it change if you're the only one waiting there. 

 I would rather pay more for an item than to have to wake up at 4 am to go shop at Wal-mart with crazy customers on Black Friday. 

Our generation doesn't knock on doors. We will call or text to let you know we're outside. 

My GPS says "Estimated Arrival Time." I see "Time to Beat." (true for any man) 

Cell phones ruined pushing people in the pool. 

 Every phone should have the same charger.

No comments:

Post a Comment